This is how I made a sun-catcher from tissue paper and laser-cut wood.
I apologize for the sub-par photos. I was rushing to finish it for Christmas and the pictures were sort of an afterthought. ^_^;
Step 1: Materials and Supplies
You will need:
- Two mirror-image wood frames, laser cut with your pattern. There are numerous laser cutting services online; I used outfab.com. Your pattern should not have detail as fine as the clouds, leaves, and waves on mine unless you want to punish yourself.
- Tissue paper in assorted colours
- Mod Podge (or other white craft glue)
- Very sharp craft knife
- Tiny yet stiff brush
- Strong adhesive, such as liquid nails, liquid cement, or superglue gel
- Drill, unless you included your hanging-hole in your laser-cut design