Dear Instructables Fellows,
There is something about lighted objects, whenever I make one I feel a strange satisfaction :).
I was searching on the internet to find ways for bending playwood, somehow the search did not go well but in this course I found some bracelets made by bending popsicle sticks. Probably the keyword bend hit those pages. I liked the way those sticks look when bended and some people have made really cool bracelets using them.
Well we will not make any bracelets in this ible, you can find many here on instructables. When I had seen those bracelets I really liked the idea of bending those sticks and I knew I can make something else using it, so I bought popsicle sticks, did some work and came out with this beautiful looking wall sconce which I called Sunflower Wall Sconce (my best friend complimented me seeing my work and gave this name).
Honestly this is more like an Idea where I see many possibilities. I am sure you must have seen many craft work using popscile sticks but only a few using curved ones. I will share these ideas in final step.
Lets get started, it is really easy to make. If you like it, please vote, I would really appreciate that.
Step 1: You will need
To make this sconce, all you need is these items (Please refer to image above for some items):
- An inner embriodery ring , any size of your choice.
- Popsicle sticks, depending on the size of your ring, you may need 50 or 100 or more. If you notice the image above, the sticks are not very broad but thin. Therefore for the ring I chose I used about 70 sticks. Honestly you have to make a judgement about the numbers.
- White glue like Fevicol or Elmers
- Double Sided Tape
- LED strip with LED driver.
- OPTIONAL: LED strip jointers, if you have these then you can plug and play LED strip of any size easily to LED driver. I did not have one so I ended up with soldering and i am really bad at it :(.
- OPTIONAL : Photo Frame hanging hook or any hook
- A deep kitchen pan for boiling.
- Uniformly Cylindrical glasses or steel glasses
Lets get started with some preparation.