Introduction: Super Cheesy Deep Fried Bacon Mac & Cheese
What is better than bacon AND mac & cheese??? This recipe is one of those recipes you hide from your doctor but you can't stop eating!! Simple yet awesomely delicious!!!
Step 1: Making the Roux
- Melt 1/2 Stick of unsalted butter in a small sauce pot. MEDIUM LOW HEAT
- Add 1/4 Cup of All Purpose flour.
- Stir roux until pasty and oddly amazing smelling.
Step 2: Making the Cheese Sauce
- Add 1 1/2 Cups of COLD whole milk to hot roux.
- Whisk with milk and roux on LOW HEAT until milk thickens.
- Add 2 Cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (OPTIONAL: 1 cup Colby jack cheese)
- Add 1 additional cup of whole milk.
- Whisk until cheese is melted, be careful not to let it burn!
Step 3: Assembling the Awesomeness
- Cook one box of standard elbow macaroni pasta and cool
- Add the cheese sauce to the pasta.
- Next, add the chopped bacon AND the bacon fat (You'll thank me later)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add additional shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
Step 4: Forming the Macaroni Molds
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Spoon in mixture in molds. (I used two muffin tins)
- Freeze tins for AT LEAST and hour
Step 5: Battering the Macaroni (3 Step Method)
- Coat in all purpose flour
- Coat in eggs. Make sure you get it completely covered.
- Coat in SEASONED Italian bread crumbs.
Step 6: Frying to Perfection
- Preheat vegetable oil till 340 degrees
- Gently place macaroni in oil flat side down first
- Once golden brown FLIP
- Cook other side until golden brown
Take a fork, open it up and watch the gooey cheese come out. EAT UP!!!