Don't throw out the perfectly good spray bottles that perfumes or other over-priced beauty products are sold in. We probably pay more for that bottle than for the product anyway! Instead, reuse the packaging to make new, and adorable, cleaning products.
This project is a great room or linen spray on it's own, or a base for something a little more elaborate. And since it is just citrus and vodka, if you like, it could also make a nice additional to your bar : )
The vodka and citrus fruits have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that will freshen up a room or closet without additional chemicals.
Empty Perfume Bottle (Spray bottle)
Jar (Reused food jar)
- Remove label from bottle (the vodka helps with this as well).
- Slice rind of lemon, lime and orange. Just using the rind will minimize the amount of sugar that gets into the spray.
- Put rinds in a jar and fill with vodka.
- Cover and let sit for a few days.
- Remove a few pieces of rind and cut into very thin strips.
- Put thin strips in the spray bottle. This will not only look lovely, but continues the infusing process.
- Fill half of the spray bottle with the vodka mix and the rest with water.