This recipe makes 17 medium-sized bones - other shapes will make a few more or less.
You'll Need. . .
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- Cookie sheet (lightly greased or with parchment or a silicone liner)
- Mixing bowl
- Mixer or mixing spoon
- Rolling pin
- Small cookie cutter (I like to use a bone-shaped cutter, but you could use whatever shape you'd like)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together the flour, oats, and baking powder
- Add peanut butter, milk, and honey and mix well
- Knead until the mixture forms an even dough
- Roll out to approximately 1/4 inch thickness
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out treats and place them on the cookie sheet
- Gather scraps, re-roll, and cut a few more
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until they're golden brown
- Cool fully and store in an airtight container (you can keep them in the fridge or freezer if you'd like)
- Share them with your favorite super-talented pooch!