The first set of frames snapped right in the middle of the bridge about three months after I got them--still under warranty though! The second pair snapped in the same place a couple of weeks ago, and I've been running around with broken glasses ever since. I hate spending money on something like this, especially since the prescription is still fine and the lenses are in pretty good condition!
I've come up with a simple way to make these work until I've got a new pair, and I thought I'd share it with you all.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
For tools, you will need:
- Mini screwdriver set
- Dremel or drill
- 1/16" drill bit
- Fine tip sharpie or very sharp awl
Step 2: Disassemble the Glasses
It's important to keep track of which lens is left and right! Most people have a slightly different prescription from eye to eye. On the edge of the lens, in a spot I knew would be covered by the new frames, I put one hash mark for left and two for right (see the last picture below).
Thanks to my daughter for acting as photographer for this step!