Switch your coilgun coils, protect your home or hook it up to a counter.
The most simple lightgate out there, yet very reliable!
Step 1: All Parts You Need:
- 9V clip
- 10k resistor 0.25W (to transistor)
- 300 Ohm resistor (for a blue LED)
- Photo-transistor SFH 309
- BUZ 11 transistor
- Small SCR
- Slide switch (main switch)
- Momentary switch (reset button)
- Soldering iron
- Laser pointer (cheap key chain laser will do)
Step 2: The Steps:
If you are unexperienced with electronics, just copy the schematic 1:1
and put it on a board.
Hook up the laser to a separated battery, make it hit the phototransistor,
then switch on the board. Break the beam and the LED should light up.
EASY was not a lie, thats it. You can now switch a multistage coilgun with it,
protect your room or door.
Step 3: Instructional Video
Bit of explanation and demonstrating the set up.