There is also a lot of customization that you can add yourself once you've finished your sword.
TO ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS ALREADY THOUGHT OF THIS THEN I COMMEND YOU FOR IT. I'M JUST SIMPLY POSTING THIS TUTORIAL FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT THOUGHT OF THIS. AND THANKS TO ANYONE HAS POSTED THE FINGER CLAWS TUTORIALS.
Be careful when swinging your sword or dagger, the paper can come loose and fly off.
WARNING!!! ---> These can get dangerous, I'm not kidding. Be careful, they are heavy and leave bruises if struck hard enough. Avoid from stabbing your best friend in the eye with one of these, they really frown on that.
Step 1: What You Need
Old homework or plain paper
1 roll of tape
(glue if you want)
I would use masking tape or electrical tape for the handle
As for the glue, if you'd like to make your sword or dagger stronger, heavier, and more stable then I would recommend using a little bit of glue between every piece.
Step 2: Creating the Parts
First select 25 sheets of paper, try to get paper with writing on one side and just plain white on the other.
Just follow the directions in the pics
Step 3: Finishing Up Your Finger Claw
Lots of steps, sorry
Step 4: Mass Production
14 inch blade + 7 inch handle= 21 inch sword
(25 pieces) (about 12 pieces)
(this is what I'll be creating today)
Step 5: Creating the Blade Itself
Make sure to follow the pictures below for the building steps
Step 6: Making the Handle
Steps are below
Step 7: The Assembly of Your Weapon
You have yourself a generic sword made completely out of paper. Be proud
Step 8: Customizing!
1. Tape around the handle (Better grip)
2. Construction paper tip (reinforces blade tip)
3. Black sharpie designs around blade (looks awesome)---(avoid sharpie on handle)
4. Coat contact points with light amount of rubber cement (more durable)
5. Make a split that goes into the end of your sword (to make the spilt just fold up some paper into a small knife shape fit it into the handle. When in the heat of battle pull out the split for an upper hand)
6. Tape the entire blade up really tightly to make sure it won't ever come apart.
7. Replace certain lengths with different colored paper
8. Have a long strip of ribbon, string, or rope coming out of the back. Tie some beads on the bad boy or something and let it hang.
9. LEAVE SUGGESTIONS AND I'LL POST THEM!!!