You come home after spending the weekend away camping and find your house trashed! Plates are smashed, your furniture is destroyed and, worst of all, your prized little-league trophy is snapped in half! As you wander amidst your destroyed possessions you notice something glinting on the table. The vandal left their lighter behind! You could call the police like a normal person, OR you could identify the criminal yourself with the power of super glue!
Step 1: How It Works
Step 2: What You Need:
- Duct tape or masking tape
- Small container (to hold hot water)
- Super glue
- A heat source, such as an incandescent light bulb (I used the base of a lava lamp)
- A piece of "evidence" with a fingerprint on it (smooth, hard materials like plastic, metal and glass work best)
Step 3: Preparation
- Cut a small hole in the side of the box to accommodate the power cord of your heat source.
- Place the tinfoil dish as close to the heat source as possible, and place the small container opposite it.
- Put your evidence between the tinfoil dish and small container.