Introduction: Super Gooey Coconut & Walnut Black Bean Brownies
Black beans in brownies... crazy? We think not. We made some of the best black bean brownies we've ever tasted! Deceptively delicious. Watch the video recipe for all the ingredients and directions, and we also listed out a short version in the steps below. We hope you enjoy! We cut the sugar big time by substituting some sweet ripened bananas, so you can definitely give yourself 'brownie' points for baking a healthy dessert. Bake 'em for only 30-35 minutes and they will be incredibly gooey. Subscribe for more craft tutorials and recipes or follow us on our Instagram.
Step 1: Prep & Ingredients
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Raspberries for garnish
Step 2: Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Add the black beans, cocoa, sugar, olive oil, bananas, vanilla extract, cinnamon and eggs together and blend until smooth (we almost forgot the eggs in our video!).
- Add the chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, and coconut to the batter and hand stir them in.
- Pour the entire mix into a buttered pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes depending on how gooey you like them (gooey=goodness)
- Garnish as you like and serve hot! (also good cold)
Learn more about us http://www.craft-curious.com/
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.