To design the print, I found an image of the map from Super Mario World online. Since it was pixelated I took it into photoshop and cleaned up the entire image.
Once I had the map cleaned up I tiled it out to create the print.
I printed the design out in a few different sizes to get the right scale that I wanted.
This was my first time getting custom printed fabric and I'm sure it won't be the last because it is very exciting! I used Spoonflower
to get it printed and if anyone wants to purchase the same fabric I used you can find it here
in my spoonflower shop.
This was also the most I've every spent on fabric, about $70.00 for 2 yards, but I did get the most expensive kind (Silk Crepe de Chine) and the quality was great. I was also worried about the print quality but the colors are bold, and the edges of the images and nice and crisp.