Introduction: Super Parking
This proyect is for the Smart Cities Hackathon. The main point of doing this proyect learn how to use the DragonBoard. The project objetive is to let the user know if in a parking lot are free parking spots, this using the security camera to locate all the cars in the parking lot and count them for the process and see the spots.
Step 1: Configuration
In this phase, you will configure the DragonBoard 410c for the purposes of this workshop by setting up a wireless Internet connection and installing some software packages.
1. Connect the HDMI monitor, USB Keyboard and USB mouse. Do not power the DragonBoard 410c yet.
2. Turn on the monitor while the DragonBoard 410c is still unpowered.
3. In the backside of the DragonBoard check that the switches are in the positions 0-0-1-0 as it seems in the picture below.
4. Only after all peripherals from step 1 are connected, plug in the provided power adapter.
5. Wait for the onboard LED lights to flash, and you should see the booting up on the monitor after a few seconds.
Wireless Network Setup
Parts of this workshop will require access to the Internet, so now you will configure the wireless network connection.
Installing New Software
We’ll need to install a few software packages for this workshop. First, we will install gedit, a popular and easy-to-use Linux text editor. Open a terminal window by clicking the ‘Start’ button in the bottom-left corner, and select System Tools → UXTerm (or LXTerminal or XTerm).
When the terminal window comes up, type in the following commands in the exact order that follows:
Every one of the UNIX commands will take several minutes to complete. Wait for each command to complete before typing in the next command.
Step 2: Getting Software Already
After setting the dragon board we installed software and download some libraries that were needed to do the code in the DragonBoard like OpenCV, Request, cars.xml, and facial_recognition
Step 3: Making New Software and Aplication
Using python and opencv we created a code that allows us to recongnize he cars in the parking lot and also an app in MITappinventor that make it easier to the user
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.