Introduction: Super Power JOULE THIEF
Joule thief is a minimalist Armstrong, self-oscillating voltage booster that is small, low-cost, and easy to build, no needs many materials to make it.
I made this because i need to power up something in emergency situations. It can kept in a pocket, bag, and any places. This Joule thief can powering the 12volts LED with one botton cell battery! Its amazing!
You can powering up any DC device with this, like Radio, Remote control, LED, Motor, and ANYTHING!
Ok lets make it
Step 1: You Need
- Toroid Bead (you can find this in old PC Motherboard )
- Resistor 1-10K ohm
- 2n2222 NPN Transistor / Any NPN Transistor
- Alligators Clip
- Solder wire
- Soldering Iron
Step 2: Wiring the Toroid
I use orange and green wire for easier wiring the toroid
1. Take two wire and roll the end
2. Start winding the wire around the toroid 5 - 10 turn. (Image 2, 3 and 4)
3. If you finish wiring the toroid, Connect orange and green wire from each side (Image 5 )
4. You are finish wiring the toroid
Step 3: Circuit Diagram
I made 2 diagram. Diagram 1 (Image 1) is use 2n2222 NPN Transistor. I am not have Transistor 2n2222, so i made diagram 2 (Image 2) with transistor C828 NPN.
I change the led with alligator clip, so i can use any color of LED , and turn on something with this.
After look the circuit diagram, Solder all of the parts.
Step 4: Finish
Now you can test it with 1,5 volt battery and led or any device. If the joule thief not works, please check your Joule thief circuit again.
If you want to see this works, look the Testing Video
Thanks for look my work
I hope this work with you.
Sorry for my bad english! :)