Step 1: Ingredients
• 1 Tbsp - Brown Sugar
• 1 tsp - Oriental Five-Spice Powder (a.k.a. Chinese Five Spice)
• 1/2 tsp - Paprika
• 1/4 tsp Salt
• 1/4 tsp - Celery Seed
• 1/4 tsp - Pepper
• 1/2 cup - Ketchup
• 2 Tbsp - Light Molasses
• 1 Tbsp - Lemon Juice
• 1 Tbsp - Soy Sauce
• Several dashes of hot sauce (I use Tabasco)
Step 2: Instructions
• the name of the game is low and slowwwww, so Preheat oven to 275.
• Rub: Mix brown sugar, five-spice powder, paprika, salt, celery seed, & pepper together in a bowl.
• Glaze: In a separate bowl, mix catsup, molasses, lemon juice, soy sauce, & hot sauce together and refrigerate until needed.
Optional: I usually rip of the thin membrane on the inside of the ribs which makes them even more "fall off the bone" good.
• Rub spice mixture over ribs. Place ribs in roasting pan and tent the pan with aluminum foil or if using roasting pan, cover. Cook for approximately 3 1/2 hours, test the ribs for tenderness. If necessary, continue to cook until meat is desired tenderness. The ribs are now ready for finishing on the grill!
• Place ribs on grill and liberally brush them with the glaze. WARNING, Distraction = burned ribs! Turn the ribs and glaze - repeat process until all glaze is used (Do Not let them burn at this point). You want the ribs to have a wonderful glazed crispness in appearance.
Don't forget, you can always use your favorite BBQ sauce instead of the glaze.