Introduction: Super Simple Third Hand Tool Done Within 30mins
I have made a pretty simple Third Hand Tool just within 30 minutes and just using a scrap and stock material around the house.
3 components to build one:
1. An old (very old) harddisk.
2. Iron wire
3. Alligator clip (2x)
That's all, no more, no less
Here are the steps to build your custom Third Hand Tool.
Let's prepare the things needed first.
OLD HARD DISK DRIVE
- Take off the cover and drill small 4 holes enough to fit the iron wire and has to be 2 holes on each side of the cover.
- I did not drill the holes, I just used nails and hammered it. LOL. Because that's what I currently have in my toolbox.
- I'm not sure about the diameter but you'll see on the screen shot how thin it the iron wire was..
- Cut 2 iron wires. I cut mine just about 1 1/2 feet
- Just prepare 2 clips. If you don't have one, then buy. I bought those before, 6clips for only 60PHP ($1.4)
I may not even required to write the steps, if you look at the pictures above, it's so simple enough, you can easily figure out how those 3 things built together.
You can actually add more hand to the base. You can add a hand for holding a magnifier, a LED for lighting!
I twisted the iron wires so it will be more stiff.