Sometimes really great people have babies. When they do, you can give them store-bought gifts, or make something really special just for their little bundle of cute.
Step 1: You'll Need. . .
- 36"x45" piece of muslin or linen (or whatever fabric you'd like to use)
- 36"x45" quilt batting (basically a sheet of stuffing material)
- 40"x56" piece of soft fuzzy fabric (pick a color that will look good with the front of the quilt as well as it will roll over to form the edging - you can use blanket or quilt binding if you prefer it)
- 20 iron-on transfers
- 20 images you'd like to use for the front of the quilt
- Computer with image editing software
- Pins, thread, and needles (or sewing machine)
- Some yarn in a color that will look nice with the front (to form small ties that will help tack the layers together)
- Ruler or measuring tape