You will need the following items to build 3.5 mm surround sound:
- Parts shown on attached schematic.
- 4 heatsinks (1.5" x 2" copper or aluminum sheet metal).
- 4 speakers (4 - 8 Ohm, about 3 Watt nominal power). Almost any type of speaker works:
Computer speakers, satellite speakers, small speakers, big speakers, etc.
- 4 phillips 6-32X1/4 nylon machine screws.
- 4 nylon 6-32 hex nuts.
- Heatsink grease.
- 12V, 500mA or more power supply.
- 3.5 mm plug to 3.5 mm plug cable.
Drill, solder gun and soldering accessories, cutters, tweezers, wirestripper.
Step 1: Making the circuit
Mark future hole center by placing T3 transistor at lower left corner of the heatsink. Drill hole in each heatsink.
Assemble circuit shown on schematic. This step requires some assembling and testing skills.
Apply a small amount of heatsink grease on T3, T4, T7, T8 transistors and secure heatsink on each of them using screw and nut. Warning: heatsinks should not touch each other!