Introduction: Urban Survival Kit Inside a Pill Bottle
This instructable was made for the purpose of surviving while being compact. I wanted to make a kit that would be no bigger than a pill bottle because a pill bottle can fit in the pocket and is durable enough to withstand most aspects of nature. This kit is more of an urban survival kit than a wilderness one.
Step 1: Whats Inside
The contents of this survival kit are:
- Pencil: For making quick notes
- Plastic bag: Used to hold the medicines inside the kit so that they are less affected by water
- 2 Flosspicks: For picking teeth
- 2 Q-Tips: For cleaning ears
- Money: For food, water, or any other needs
- Pill Bottle: To hold contents of kit. This bottle is also wrapped in electrical tape just in case you need to bandage something up. Can be replaced with duct tape if you wish
- Antibiotic Ointment: For cleaning up any scrapes or cuts you get
- 5 Matches w/ Strike Strip: For starting fires. You can also swap out these matches for strike-anywhere matches or even waterproof matches if you will be in a wet environment
- Piece of gum: Used either for freshening breath or holding something together
- 2 Paper Clips: For holding together paper or used as metal wire to hold items together
- Napkin: To be used as a wipe or as a substitute for gauze. Can be replaced with gauze
- 3 Antacids: Used for upset stomachs
- Band-aid: For minor scraps or cuts
- 2 Ibuprofen: Used as a pain reliever
- 2 Alcohol Pads: Used as a cleaner for cuts,scrapes, or burns
Things that I wanted to include:
- Small blade: For cutting things
- Crayon: Used as a candle or writing utensil
- Fishing hook w/ line (Thanks gm280 for this recommendation!)
- Fingernail Clippers
You can add or subtract anything you want from these items but this is what I believe to be important for a kit. This kit is designed for outdoor uses and also general uses if you are out in public like at school or at work.
Step 2: Putting Everything Inside
The hardest part of this kit in my opinion is putting everything inside. I started with the wipes, Band-aid, and the ointment, then put the pencil wrapped with the napkin and money next. Then I put the Antacids, Ibuprofen, and paper clips in the cap section which made more room for stuff inside the bottle. Finally I put the gum, Q-Tips, matches w/ strike strip, and flosspicks last. Every time I put something inside this bottle something shifted which made it hard to keep everything in place.
Step 3: Conclusion
After all of that, the kit is finished. Fairly simple to do and will only take you a max of 15 minutes to do. Hope you enjoy!