Introduction: Survival Kit
Here's my guide for you about how to make a survival kit that includes fire starting, water cleaning, disinfection and signaling aids.
Step 1: Gather Up You're Stuff
- 2 matchbox sides
-3 soda cup containers, (idea taken from [Play Video]
- A lighter
- 2 homemade fire starters (https://www.instructables.com/id/Match-fire-starter...
- 2 fire starters straws
- A flint
- Small container with 70% alcohol
- Multitool (bought on E bay)
- A jar with firework powder
- Sealed plastic bag with cotton balls
- Sewing kit
Step 2: Matches
Make one container like in the video on the introduction (one without separation between two sides).
Fill it up with matches.
Step 3: Kalium Permanganat and Glycerine
Make another container like in the previous step but now make it with separation between the two ends (it is very important the the buffer will be completely sealed).
Fill one side with Kalium permanganat (you might know it as KMn04 or potassium permanganat), can be bought in pharmacies.
This one has few uses:
1) Fire starter- put the Kalium on a flat surface then pure the glycerin and in few seconds fire will start.
2) Water cleaning- it is said that if you put a few crystals of the Kalium in a liter of water, as long as it is light pink it is OK to drink, very important: the color should be pink not purple. ( I haven't tried disinfecting water with Kalium for drinking hence i do not take any responsibility for that, i prefer using chloride disinfecting water tablets which worked for me).
3) If the Kalium solution is purple it can be used to disinfect wounds.
Step 4: Fire Straws
The fire starters straws are filled with match heads and cotton soaked with vaselne that will ignite easily. They are sealed by holding each end with a plier and melting it with a lighter.
Step 5: Smoke Flare
The third soda cap container is made without separation. fill it with kno3 and sugar 3:2
Step 6: The Other Stuff
As you can see in the first pic i took a small blade and inserted it into a small marker so it is the second knife in my kit.
Hope you liked my guide.
Step 7: That's It
I hope you enjoyed this guide, if you have any questions I will answer them happily.