Introduction: Sweater & Pool Noodle Pet Bed
Runner Up in the
Cat Challenge 2016
Make a comfy pet bed from an old sweater and a pool noodle! It's time to make use of one of those old sweaters that has been sitting in the back your closet for who knows how long. Turn it into a special sleeping spot for your little friend. Your pet will love you forever. I made this one for my cat, using an XS sweater, and she loves it!
- Pool Noodle
- Embroidery Floss and Needle
- Small Pillow or Stuffing
Step 1: Neck
With embroidery thread, use a blanket stitch to sew the neck shut.
Step 2: Chest
Make a running stitch across the chest from armpit to armpit. Have the path of the stitch curve so that it bends up toward the neck.
Step 3: Stuffing
- Fill the body with a small pillow or other stuffing.
- Once sufficiently stuffed, use a blanket stitch to sew the bottom closed.
Step 4: Noodle
- Push the pool noodle in through one arm and pull it out through the other.
- Tape the two ends of the noddle together to create a ring.
- Pull the sleeves in towards each other and then tuck one over the other so that the noodle is completely covered. Don’t stitch the sleeves together because if you ever want to wash the bed you’re going to want to be able to slip the noodle out.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.