Introduction: Sweet Mocha Cream Butter
Sweet mocha cream butter, delicious and easy to make with 4 ingredients in about 10 minutes or less! This recipe also makes a wonderful mocha buttermilk at the same time, which makes it double the fun.
Step 1: Recipe
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon hot cocoa mix
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 single serve packet instant coffee
1. Add the room temperature whipping cream, cocoa mix, vanilla, and instant coffee to your mixer bowl.
2.Turn your mixer on Medium speed, and whip the cream mixture for 4-7 minutes. If you have a whisk attachment, this will help your butter turn faster.
As the cream whips, you'll first see mocha whipped cream in your bowl...Yum. I suppose you could stop here if you like for a quick spoonful :)
After the whipped cream stage, the butterfat begins to separate from the milky whey, forming little granules of butter fat. Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary, and continue whisking at medium to low speed until the butter fat has separated from the shallow pool of milky whey and forms a nice loose butter ball on your whisk.
Step 2: Finishing Your Butter
3. Pour the contents of your bowl into a wire mesh sieve set over a clean bowl. The mocha buttermilk will drain through the fine mesh, leaving you with the sweet mocha cream butter in the sieve.
4. Gather up the mocha cream butter ball, and place it for a couple minutes in a bowl of ice water. You'll notice that the water will turn a little milky as you gently knead the butter. This helps to chill the butter and removes more of the buttermilk which improves the texture and helps the butter taste fresh longer.
5. Place the mocha cream butter ball on a nice clean kitchen towel, and wring out the excess moisture by twisting the ends of the towel in opposite directions.
6. Store the butter in the refrigerator in a covered container. The mocha buttermilk can be used in any recipe you like, such as mocha buttermilk pancakes.
You did it! You're so talented....and maybe a bit hungry now too, so go ahead and indulge. You deserve it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.