This is a simple soup that comes out so sweet and delicious. I know when I mention I put beets in soup people go: "Ew!' but it adds loads of color and sweetness.
I used only a few spices, because I wanted to keep the taste of the vegetables, and I topped it with Doritos. I used the grill flavor, but other spicy ones might work too (gives me a reason to make it again).
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium large beet
- salt and pepper
- Dice onion and fry in large pan with some oil until browned.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes and beet, add the onions. Cover with water, add salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, lower flame and cook until veggies are soft.
- With stick blender blend until pureed.
- Pour in a bowl, break Doritos into smaller pieces and enjoy!