Introduction: Sweet Pull Apart Chocolate and Nuts Bread
In this instructable I show you how you can make a sweet pull apart chocolate and nuts bread. It contains spelt flour, cocoa, cocoa nibs and lots of pecan nuts so what is not to love about this recipe. So lets get started!
Step 1: Sweet Pull Apart Chocolate and Nuts Bread
This bread is really simple to make with the following ingredients: speltflour, yeast, sugar, salt, cocoa, choco nibs, pecan nuts and milk. I like to use vegan butter and almond milk, but you can also user another kind of butter of milk.
You start with making a yeast mixture with water, yeast and a tablespoon of sugar. Set this mixture aside for 5-10 minutes so the yeast can be activated.
Then you add all of the ingredients (with exception of the pecan nuts and choco nibs) in a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. The dough needs to proof and will double in size (about 1 hour). When the proofing is done you can knead the dough for the first time and roll it out into a square.
Then you sprinkle choco nibs and pecan nuts on the dough. Slice the square into six equal slices and put them on top of eachother. Cut these six layers of dough into 10 equal parts and put them in a baking form.
Let the dough proof for another hour so the dough will double in size. Bake at 350℉ for 35 minutes and let it cool. Ready to serve with some (homemade) Nutella or peanut butter. Yum.
Step 2: Watch One Minute Instruction Video
Want to see how you can make the chocolate pull apart bread? Then watch the 1-minute instruction video.
Step 3: What You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1½ cups wheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (you can also use another type of butter)
- ¾ cups almond milk (you can also use another type of milk)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 7 gram yeast
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ¼ cup of choco nibs
- 1 cup of pecan nuts cut into small pieces
Step 4: Instructions
- Add yeast and tbsp of sugar to warm water and let it froth for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the milk and melt the butter.
- Put the flour, cocoa in a bowl with the salt and sugar and stir.
- Now add milk butter mixture and the yeast mixture and stir into the flour.
- Stir until you get a cohesive dough and cover with foil. Let it proof for 1-1½ hour or until double in size.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes and roll into a square. Sprinkle the pecan nuts and choco nibs on the dough.
- Slice the dough into 6 strips and stack the strips of dough on top of each into 2 stacks of 3 slices and cut each stack 10 equal parts.
- Spray the bread pan with cooking spray. Put dough in a bread pan per stack so that it overlaps.
- Cover the pans with plastic wrap and let the dough proof for another half hour.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 ℉ bake the bread in 35 minutes.
Step 5: Notes
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.