This article presents a recipe of making oriental style pumpkin snacks. Ingredients are:
sticky rice (also known as sweet rice, or glutinous rice) flour which can be bought in, for example, walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Erawan-Brand-Glutinous-Rice-Flour-16-oz/10451794
For two or three persons' portion, you need about 50 grams (around 1.8 ounces) of pumpkin "meat", 40 grams of sticky rice flour and 5 grams of sugar. Of course, you may increase the amounts proportionaly if you want to cater more people.
Step 1: Slice
1) Cut the pumpkin meat into slices.
Step 2: Steam
2) Steam the slices for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Leave Out Water
3) Then place the meat in a "leaky" spoon for 10 minutes to leave out some water.
Step 4: Smash
4) Totally smash the pumpkin slices. Then thoroughly mix the pumpkin relish with sugar.
Step 5: Add Flour
5) Then add sticky rice flour into the relish and thoroughly mix them.
Step 6: Roll
6) Roll the blend till you have a dough like this:
Step 7: Stretch
7) Stretch the dough into a rope-like thing. The diameter is about 3 cm.
Step 8: Doughs
8) Then divide it into five small doughs. Each small dough weighs about 20 grams.
Step 9: Smooth Surfaces
9) Roll them into small balls. It would be best if the surfaces are smooth.
Step 10: Pie
10) Squeeze each of the balls with hands to get small pies with diameter of about 5 cm.
Step 11: Heat Oil
11) Heat 250 grams oil in a pan.
Step 12: Fry
12) Fry the pumpkin doughs in pan. If your pan has a limited size, you might want to fry them one after another, or three in one run, whatever suits you.
Step 13: Enjoy!
13) Scoop them out the moment they turn "golden". It is best to eat before pies get cold. Hot means a crunchy crust!