Ingredients for Necklace:
- 15 inches of striped ribbon, 3/16ths wide
- 2 antique brass fold over ribbon ends
- 1 antique brass heart locket, 20 cm
- 1 antique brass round bezel setting, 14mm
- 1 vintage mother of pearl button to fit in bezel
- 1 antique brass square jump ring
, 1/4 inch
- 3 antique brass round jump rings, 5mm
- 3 antique brass head pins
, 1 inch
- 3 inches of antique brass extender chain, 4 x 5mm links
- 1 antique brass hook
- 3 black Czech glass beads, 3mmIngredients for Earrings:
- 2 antique brass round bezel settings, 14mm
- 2 vintage mother of pearl button to fit in bezels
- Antique brass simple ear loops
- 6 black Czech glass beads
, 3mm (we used black, red, and purple)
- 2 antique brass round jump rings, 5mmTools:
- Glue (such as Beacon’s 527
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
Step 1: Make Necklace
Trim ribbon to length and make a tiny knot in each end. Place a small drop of glue inside one of the fold over ends and place the ribbon knot on top of the glue as shown. Using your chain nose pliers fold the flaps over one at a time to seal the end of the ribbon. Repeat with the other knotted end. Place a small dot of glue inside the bezel and position the button within the bezel. Set bezel aside to dry.
Step 2: Make Necklace
Using your chain nose pliers carefully open one of the 5mm jump rings. Thread it through the loop on one of the fold over ends and then through the ring at one end of the extender chain. Carefully close the jump ring. Repeat to attach the hook to the other end of the ribbon. Set this aside.
Step 3: Add Beads and Locket
Using the round nose pliers loop the 3mm beads onto the head pins. Carefully open a 5mm jump ring and feed the three looped beads onto the jump ring followed by the locket. Link this to the scroll at the bottom of the bezel and close securely.
Step 4: Finish Necklace
Using the chain nose pliers gently open the square jump ring and feed it through the scroll at the top of the bezel. Close securely. Thread the chain end of the necklace through the square jump ring to finish the necklace.
Step 5: Make Earrings
Place a small dot of glue inside each bezel and position the buttons within the bezels. Set aside to dry.
Step 6: Add Beads to Earrings
Using the round nose pliers loop the 3mm beads onto the head pins. Carefully open a 5 mm jump ring and feed the three looped beads onto the jump ring. Link this to the scroll at the bottom of the bezel and close securely.
Step 7: Connect Earloops
Using the chain nose pliers, gently open loop and connect to the top of the bezel scroll. Close securely.