Makes:10 small cakes
Coconut Peanut Sauce
Makes: approx. 3/4 cup
3/8 cup salted peanuts
2 tbs coconut oil
1/4 tsp ginger, ground
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
1 tbs coconut sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
Fried Rice Patties
2 cups jasmine rice, cooked with 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 white onion, chopped
Coconut oil (for cooking)
Sriracha hot sauce
- Make your Coconut Peanut Sauce by blending all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- In a coconut oil greased skillet over medium-high heat, saute your chopped onion until beginning to brown.
- Add your Coconut Peanut sauce to skillet with onion and cook a few minutes while stirring.
- Add your cooked rice to skillet and stir until all is evenly mixed. Turn off heat and move mixture to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Liberally grease a skillet with coconut oil and turn to medium heat.
- Using ice cream scoop - sized dollops of your rice mixture, flatten into a patty with your hands and place into your greased skillet. Cook 4-5 minutes each side, or until desired golden crispiness. Repeat until you have 10 patties.
- Garnish your patties with crushed peanuts, shredded coconut, and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce (or any condiment of your liking) before serving.
For more, visit: moon and spoon and yum