Time: 24 hours+
Food prep time: 1 hour
Processing Time: 30 minutes
10 cups zucchini, shredded
5 tablespoons canning salt
6 cups sugar
2.5 cups white vinegar
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 ground turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper *dry mustard if you don't want it spicy
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2-4 hot peppers, shredded *you can use green bell peppers in it's place if you don't like it spicy.
*makes 6-16 oz jars
Step 1: Zucchini I
1. Collect and wash zucchini.
2. Chop off ends of the zucchini.
3. Using a food processor shred the zucchini.
4. Add 5 tablespoons of canning salt.....mix well. Cover
5. Let sit in the fridge for 24 hours.
Step 2: Zucchini II
1. Drain zucchini and press out water.
2. Rinse with cold water and push out all of the water...again.
3. Set to the side.
Step 3: Liquid
1. In a large pot mix together white vinegar, 6 cups sugar, and seasonings.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Add shredded Zucchini mixture to pot...lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Boiling Water Bath
1. While the mixture is simmering, Get hot water going in the canning pot and prep jars, bands and lids.
2. After zucchini mixture is done cooking, ladle into 16oz. jars.
3. Wipe the rim of jar to remove any mixture. Place on the lids and bands.
4. Add the relish to a boiling water bath. Process for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Once cool, store for up to a year.
*Great for hotdogs and hamburgers!
Follow us on Instagram & Etsy.com @pinehillsfarm to see more!