What you'll need
For the savory pizza cookies;
4oz plain flour
2oz grated cheese
For the Sweet pizza cookies;
1-1.5 tsp of mixed spice
a little egg or milk to glaze
red, yellow and green writable icing
dark chocolate chips
350g of milk chocolate
Step 1: Getting Started
1) Pre-heat oven to 325- 350/ Gas mark 3
2) Weigh out 4oz of butter or margarine and 4oz of white sugar
3) Put the two ingredients into a bowl and cream them together with a spoon, this will only take a minute to do. Try to achieve a nice cream texture without lumps, like on the photo.
4) After you've done this weigh out 8oz of plain flour and if you like add a tsp of mixed spice. It makes it taste festive.
5) Knead them together into a dough with the creamed butter and sugar.
Step 2: Turning Dough Into Pizzas
Put your dough onto a flat surface and roll it out. Then get a regular round pastry cutter and press into the dough to make your pizza bases.
Afterwards place them down onto a greased baking tray, or a baking tray with grease proof paper.
Step 3: Just Before You Bake
Then put them in the oven for 15-20 mins. 325-350, or gas mark 3.
Step 4: Watch Out
They can burn easily.
Step 5: Coming Out
Step 6: Decoration 1
You're going to put chocolate on these cookies, so when the cookies are cool enough take some icing and draw around the inside of the fake crust. This will act as a barrier which will help a little when you put the hot chocolate on.
Step 7: Decoration 2
Afterwards bring your cookies to the stove and carefully spoon the melted chocolate onto the cookies, there will be spills and over runs, and you will be eating the chocolate, its irresitable. Afterwards put the cookies in the fridge for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set hard.
Step 8: Finishing the Sweet Cookies
Take the cookies from the fridge then put some yellow icing onto the chocolate. This looks like cheese and it also makes the cherries and chocolate drops stick to the cookie. Then take some green icing and make little drops over it, these are your green peppers.
Put them back in the fridge for a few minutes more. The icing will set and the cookies will come out yummy and intact.
Enjoy your sweet pizza cookies, now lets move onto the savory cookies.
Step 9: The Savory Pizza Cookies
So first of all you have to make the pastry.
1) weigh out 4oz of plain flour and 2oz of butter.
2) Add as much basil as you desire and a pinch of salt.
3) Put them together in a bowl and rub in the butter to the flour and basil. This will produce a bread crum appearence as shown in the picture.
4) Grate 2oz of cheese and add it to the mixture.
5) Add one egg yoke.
6) Mix them together and knead it into a dough ball.
Step 10: Making the Shape
Roll out the pastry.
Cut out circles
Add crusts around the edges by making snakes out of the left over clay.
This time however add some chopped sundried tomatoes to the top of the pizza biscuits.
Put them in the oven at 425- 450 F or gas mark 6-7
They should only take 10-12 minutes to cook.
Remember to grease your tray first.
Step 11: Removing Them
Step 12: ENJOY
I hope you all like this recipie.