The flavors blend so well! You should really make this now. You could have something truly awesome to eat in less than a half hour. :D
Step 1: What You'll Need:
- a large sweet potato
- bunch of green onions (about 3 onions per sweet potato)
- bacon of choice (or bacon bits - I used 3 strips of bacon for one potato.)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese of your choice - I recommend cheddar!
- salt, pepper and chili powder
- olive or canola oil
- an oven preheated to 450 F
Step 2: Preheat Oven, Cut Up Green Onions, Get Out Sour Cream.
While the oven is preheating, take out a bit of sour cream to get it closer to room temperature.
Cut the green onions into thin slices.
Step 3: Cut Up the Sweet Potato.
The rounds that come from the ends of the potato are fine to be slightly thicker so they cook at the same rate.
Step 4: Prep the Sheet, Season the Potatoes.
Step 5: Roast the Potatoes and Cook Your Bacon.
Step 6: Top the Roasted Potatoes With Cheese!
Step 7: Assemble!
I fully admit I put a ton of green onions on the ones I ate, so perhaps leaving little bowls nearby with onions and bacon is a good idea? And make sure you have someone to eat these with you, otherwise you'll end up eating more than you ever planned to.