What else to do on a sunny day.
It is the perfect excuse to make and swing a swing!
Let's get started shall we ?
Step 1: Materials
All you need is this :
- Some jute to make jute cords
- A cord that is long enough , 20m will be enough.
- A sharp knive
- 2 metal hooks
- A needle
- Some thread
Step 2: The Idea..
The idea was to weave a cord and attatche it to some wooding pipes.
This, just to make it comfortable.
Step 3: Let's Get Started..
Now let's get started, shall we?
The first thing you need to do is this :
- Cut off 4 same sized jute cords ( CA 40 CM )
- Cut off 3 same sized jute cords ( CA 30 CM )
- Attatch the ends to eachother.
- Repeat this for evry side and each jute cord.
The video of this can be found here.
Step 4: Step 2: the Woorden Parts
- For this we need some strong wooden beams, in this tutorial i used 4,5 x 3,5 sized wooden beams.
To know the size of the beams , i weaved the stitched cord into eachother to see how long the beams had to be.
Make sure the beam overlap with the width of your wooden beam ( here is this 3,5CM )
- Then i marked where they had to be cut off , this is the end-result:
- Now you have to drill a hole with the same width of you 20m cord. ( which is in my case 8mm )
- First make the markpoint by putting the beams on eachother ,so they fit. After that , you mark the center of the 2 beams.
- Start drilling the centerpoints.