As we all know, when a cartoon character is hypnotized, his eyes are spiral like and/or swirling.
Halloween is a good time to be hypnotized, so let's show it!
(This is a Very easy and low cost project I made in less than an hour.)
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTHpJ87TVug )
For this simple instructable, you'll need:
- Metal grid, like the one that protects small speakers(or expanded metal)
- tippex or any white paint
- 2 small dc motors; like cell phone vibrating device or small toy motors.
- button cells and magnets
- Glasses frame
And that's all.
Step 1: Motors
I just took them off the toy, keeping a maximum of wire.
the smaller the motor, the better.
Step 2: Metal grid
- there are holes everywhere, which will be very close to your eyes. you will be able to see through.
- holes are small and close one to an other, people wont see through.
I took it from a pair of small speakers, then flattened it, and found the center for the motor to take place.
Step 3: 2 eyes
My metal grid was painted in black so I used a pair of compasses along with a marker, which leaves a clear mark on it.
Use a strong pair of scissors.
Step 4: Spirals
Adjust it on the screen to the actual size of the circles.
Put a plastic sheet to protect the screen, apply the metal grid circle above and draw the spiral with tippex.
when the first circle is painted ( tippexed ) let it dry and put the second circle above, it will be easier to paint it.
When everything is dry, check for filled holes, and empty them.