Items you will need:
1. Pencil (for tracing your pattern)
2. Chalk (for marking on the dark side of the leather)
5. Soft Leather (I got mine from an old Bomber Jacket)
7. Heavy Tagboard (to make your pattern)
8. Velcro (I had a roll of 1/2")
9. Sewing Machine
Start out by making your pattern. I have attatched my patterns for you to print out and use if you would like. If you choose to make your own pattern, trace around the knife and then measure at least 1/4" from your knife outline. You don't need to go all the way around the outline as you want part of the knife to stick out, so go about 1/3 of the way up the outline. Then for the back of your pattern, trace around your first pattern and flip it to create an oblong shape.
Pin the front piece of leather to the back with just one pin. I found this worked the best.