Introduction: Sword and Sheath
We're getting ready for Renfaire! Part of our costume are swords and sheaths! UNGAURD!!!
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
You will need:
- 1 paper towel tube
- 2 toilet paper tubes
- clear packing tape
- duct tape
- colorful rubberbands
- gold or silver metallic spray paint
Step 2: Cut Your Tubes
- Cut your paper towel tube in half and cut a point at the top of each piece.
- Cut one toilet paper tube in half.
- Cut the other toilet paper tube down the middle, but leave as one piece.
Step 3: Assemble Your Sword
- Take the two halves of the paper towel tube and completely surround both halves together with tape. Make sure all cardboard is covered so when you spray paint it looks like shiny metal.
- Tape the two toilet paper tube halves together on the sides for you quillon. Leaving a slit to insert the bottom of the blade and handle.
- Roll the last tube together making your handle stronger before you insert your handle into the bottom of the . quillon. You can pinch and tape the top before inserting it.
Step 4: Spray Paint
Choose your color! Gold or Silver! The clear tape will give it a nice shine!!
Step 5: Finish Your Handles and Quillons
- Use whatever color duct tape you like to wrap around the quillon and handle.
- Use colorful rubber bands to make a criss cross on the quillon.
Step 6: Make Your Sheath
- Cut strip of fabric that will fit around your waist.
- Use your sword as a stencil to cut two more pieces of fabric for your sheath. Make sure it is and inch larger all the way around so when you sew the pieces together the blade with fit in smoothly.
- After you sew the sheath pieces together turn it inside out. Sew one side to the fabric strip cut for your waist. Then you are ready to wear and play!
Step 7: UNGAURD! Your Ready to Play
Hope you enjoyed making this as much as we did!
Glumgad made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.