A few years ago, I tested a FM module with TEA5767 who is controlled by Arduino Uno. My project was a suscces because it reproduced by more readers of my blog.
Now, I introduce a dual digital potentiometer (MCP4261-502E/P) with logarithmic output and 15 steps & mute.
Step 1: Schematic
Schematic is a little complex and I use:
- Arduino Mega development board
- Nokia 5110 display with hand made logical level interface
- FM radio module
- MCP4261-502E/P dual digital potentiomer (SPI control on 8 bit steps)
- breadboard, 4 pushbuttons and few wires
- stereo PC speakers
Step 2: Info on Display & Sketch
On Nokia 5110 display (who use PCD8544 controller) I put few informations:
- frequency: value with double characters & units of measure (MHz) with usual characters
- symbol for antenna and small graphic for signal strengh
- graphic for mono and stereo signal and volume steps
My original sketch is put on Github: TEA5767_eeprom_i2c_lcdNokia5110_digitalvolume_3m2.ino.
Value for frequency and value for step volume is stored in EEPROM memory of microcontroller ATmega 2560..
Step 3: Conclusion
This FM radio is more complex project than others but with patience you can made it.