Introduction: THE CANDY TRAP
THE CANDY TRAP is one of my favorites. It is not as cheap as other projects, but the visual is worth it.
It can take a few hours as well.
1. 3/4" -2'x4' Birch plywood (I used birch because it looks good with little or no finishing)
2. Exacto hobby knife
3. One can flat black, flat red and silver spray paint
4. 1" masking tape
5. Printer and paper
6. Victor logo (scaled up across a few sheets)
8. Yard stick
9. Coiled air hose
10. 3/4" pvc tube 10"+ long
11. Two 3/4" 90 degree elbows
12. Ten feet 3/8" R/V pvc
13. Two 3/8" couplings and two 3/8" elbows
14. Two 1" u-bolts with screws
15. One 3/4" u bolt with screws
16. 1/4"x4"x10" piece of scrap board
17. Drill with 3/4" paddle bit
1. lay out three rows of 1" tape around the edges
2. Remove the middle layer of tape, cutting at the corners
3. cover center with newspaper and paint the black boarder, then let dry
4. layout several rows of tape from bottom edge of board to just under half way
5. layout out your stencil on the board (I used a needle to plot each corner though the paper onto the tape, I place several pin points on the ears and eyes. after which, I used the straight edge to connect the dots and freehanded the eyes and ears.)
6. Cut out your stencil from the tape
7. Paint red and let dry
8. Layout and cut pvc pieces
9. Use excess 3/8" pvc to for the long trip rod (I heated and bent, but this require and exhaust fan and mask, due to toxic fumes)
10. Paint all pvc, 1/4" board and coil silver
11. Cut the 3/4" pvc into two 2" and one 6" pieces and assemble with elbows
12. Center the assembly from step thirteen on the opposite end of the board from the logo.
13. Mark the two legs and counter sink two holes 1/4-1/2 inch
14. Staple the coil evenly across the center of the board ends facing the tapped holes
15. Take 3/8" assembled pipe and press hose fittings into couplings
16. Attach 1" u-bolts to 1/4" board around the 3/4" assembly longer end toward coil
17. Place u-bolt center of opposite end on the black border
18. Attach the long bar and catch some fun
Several of these steps can be done at the same time, but the stenciling is very time consuming
Did you make this project?
Share it with us!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.