Introduction: THE ULTIMATE MACGUYVER SURVIVOR TACTICAL PAPERCLIP!!! CLICK HERE! DONT MISS OUT!
By clicking this instructable, you have chosen wisely. Thank you! Its my first instructable, so it means a bunch. Be ready to learn how to make the ultimate, unconventional, outlandish multi tool!
Its a great novelty gift with a surprising amount of uses
Please vote for it in the MacGuyver contest!
Step 1: The Materials & Prep
To forge one of these godly trinkets, you will need the following:
- A standard wire hanger
- A pair of grip pliers
- A pair of cutting pliers
- A ruler
- A marker
- A craft knife
- A length (roughly 30 cm) of any shrink tubing if you want to customize
Cut 30 cm of wire from the wire hanger, then strip it, unless you would like to keep the plastic on. You could also coat it with the heat shrink tube at this point, to give it that extra level of customization
Step 2: Bend and Mark
Bend one of the ends of your length of wire in on itself as depicted above using the grip pliers, to ensure easy use, and to prevent nicking or cutting.
Once done, place the wire against your ruler and mark it off at the following points:
- 7 cm
- 9 cm
- 15 cm
- 17 cm
- 22 cm
- 23.5 cm
- 28 cm
If there is any wire remaining, cut it off, and sand down whatever sharp edge that may be left.
Step 3: Get Bending! (Again)
Bend your wire along the points you have marked, using your pliers. Always bend counter clockwise. starting with the folded end of wire
You should soon see the paperclip shape.
Step 4: You've Pretty Much Done It!!!!
Congratulations! But... there is one more optional, and ominous step left...
Step 5: IMBUE WITH THE MANLY ESSENCE OF MACGUYVER!!!!!
This is a joke, in case you were wondering.
Step 6: A Couple of Uses
- A Keychain holder: With every useful keychain added, its power only increases! There are 6 different tools in this photo, with hundreds of uses between them!
- A wire sorter: This baby can help you wrap up headphones or excess wire, a must be for anyone engaged in DIY
- A paperclip holder: There are over 200 uses for the average paperclip! But this baby can hold a bunch of them as well!
- A tie rack for travel: Its very simple to find a spot to hang this clip up, then hang your tie from the clip!
- A letter opener: by bending the folded end slightly, then slotting it in an envelope, you can open any mail!
- A money clip: This clip can hold a small fortune
- A bookmark: perfect for the avid reader
- A great novelty gift
- A weapon. Trust me, you don't want this thrown at you
Comment if you find any more uses!
Thank you so much for checking out my instructable, please vote for it in the MacGuyver contest!!