Legends of Chima Eris T-shirt Instructions
White 8.5×11 paper (to scan and copy tracing of Eris)
Medium blue t-shirt (or any color you desire)
Light blue felt
Dark blue felt
Light orange felt
Color coordinating thread
Sewing machine (optional)
1. Print out a photo of Eris from Google Images. You can cut, paste, and crop the image on Powerpoint or Adobe Photoshop to print to your desired size. Trace image. Scan and print on paper.
2. Cut outline of Eris. Pin and cut out outline of Eris on white felt. (In my case, I used leftover white fleece.)
3. Cut another outline leaving a 1/4-1/2 inch edging on gray felt. Pin and sew to white felt piece to gray felt piece.
4. Cut away another layer away of your template, such as the mask. Pin and cut out pieces on white felt.
5. Cut out chest plate. Pin and cut out shape on gold felt.
6. Cut out the face/chin piece. Pin and cut shape on light blue felt.
7. Sew light blue face piece, white mask, and gold chest plate.
8. Cut detailed layers, such as the eyes, chi on chest plate, and nose piece. Pin and cut according to appropriate felt color. The eyes will be cut from white and black felt. The chi on the chest plate will be pinned and cut from light blue and dark blue felt. The nose will be pinned and cut from light orange felt. Hand sew those pieces to white felt.
9. Pin Eris piece to desired location on t-shirt. Here, you can sew either by hand or with a sewing machine.
10. Voila! You now have a Legends of Chima-Inspired Eris T-shirt! If you like this tutorial, head on over to Hometown Betty on Facebook and hit the like button. There are a whole bunch more tutorials coming, so stay tuned!