Brand new just the table top tank without the pumps etc run over $700
We saved ourselves $450 and got it our way. Cant beat that!
If you are interested and are located near St Pete FL contact me at 415-935-9053 If you would like any tips or help building one.
WOW, did not expect such response. Let me answer some questions.
2. Table top is from a thrift store cost was $30 for the whole table threw out the table part LOL.
3. we currently feed the fish by spoon lol there is about 3/4" gap that we use.
4. I was going to add a removable part but for structural integrity for the glass top did not.
5. Other thoughts, were going to add rope light to the top and underneath thinking it will create a great ambience.
Step 1: Stuff I needed
1. Tank ( We went to about 20 different pet stores and the most ideal we found was a 20 gallon tank that was 1 foot high)
2. Wood ( Home Depot was a great help, we mentioned what we wanted to do and the guy was so excited he didn't charge us for cuts ) Great time saver!
a. 1/2" MDF board base of the table
b. 2" x 2" x 8'. I needed about 3 of these
c. 2" x 4" x 12'. I needed only 1 of these
NOTE: Wood dimensions are stupid and are not exactly 2" x 2" just remember that for later
3. Wood Filler. This will make the appearance of 1 solid piece of wood.
4. Paint, Mini roller, edger
6. Screws 1 1/4" and 2 1/2"
7. Stuff i sure i missed like tank decor etc. That was the wife's dept lol