Step 7: Wood Filler & Painting
Fill all the Screw Holes:
- Make sure all the screws are snug and you are sure you won't need to take anything apart again.
- Use some sandable wood filler and fill all the holes. Remember to over-fill so it can be sanded down.
- Wait for the wood filler to completely dry and sand down smooth. 100 grit or so paper works fine.
- Get all the holes smooth.
- Use a Foam Roller
- I used Rustoleum Latex Paint, that was recommended by the store clerk for MDF.
- Apply a few to several coats waiting for it to dry in between. I did 6 coats, which was enough.
- Especially get the rough edges.