Ayer estaba a punto de volver a hacer lo mismo, pero se me ocurrió buscar la manera de poder fijarla sobre la mesa de trabajo para no correr más riesgos. En unos minutos me convencí de que era factible, máxime teniendo a mi disposición varias maderas viejas.
Publico este instructable porque estoy seguro de que le será útil a más de uno.
A few months ago I bought myself a belt sander. It is an excellent tool, versatile, durable, powerful. But ... always has to be a "but." For small jobs it is somewhat unwieldy. For example, to sand small pieces, I have to put it "upside down" on my legs and hold it between my knees. So I ruined a pair of pants, I hope my wife does not find out!
Yesterday I was about to do the same, but I decided to find a way to fix it on the bench, not to take more risks. Within minutes I was convinced it was feasible, especially having at my disposal a lot of old timbers.
I published this instructable because I am sure that it will be useful to more than just me.
Step 1: TSP - Trabajando Sin Planos (WWP- Working Without Plans)
Desempolvé mi vieja caladora B&D (30 años de uso!) e hice los pocos cortes necesarios.
Con cola vinílica armé las piezas básicas laterales. La cosa tomó forma rápidamente.
I started putting the sander on its side on the table, and maked a pencil mark on the timbers would be one lateral holder. After verifying that the holders of a side could be identical to those of the other, I decided to start cutting and pasting, always using the WWP strategy (working without plans.)
Dusted off my old B & D jigsaw (30 years of use!) and made a few necessary cuts.
With white glue armé basic side parts. The thing took shape quickly.
Step 2: Cortar Y Pegar (cut&paste)
Ya estaba a punto de seguir usando cola para hacer una especie de caja sólida que contendría la lijadora con la superficie de lija hacia arriba, cuando recordé otro de mis principios de diseño: "Hacelo fácil de guardar". Así que, sobre la marcha, decidí usar bisagras en lugar de cola para los soportes verticales. Eso me llevaría un poco más de tiempo, pero valdría la pena.
Marqué con un fibrón la posición de los agujeros de las bisagras.
I realized that the switch would be hidden behind the rear brackets, but that's no problem having the possibility of making a hole 4 cm in diameter.
I was about to continue using glue to make a kind of solid box would contain the sander with the sanding surface up, when I remembered another of my design principles: "do it easy to store." So, on the fly, I decided to use hinges instead of glue to the uprights. That would take me a little longer, but worthwhile.
I indicated with a marker the position of the hinges holes.
Step 3: Frente (front)
The frontal support, which would give strength to all, ran into the handle of the sander, but it also solves with a hole 4 cm in diameter. To keep connected to side supports, I screwed two U of a bit thick steel sheet. The arms of the U are perforated to allow passage of the bolts that lock the assembly.
Step 4: El Toque Final (final Touch)
In places where the supports touch the sander I applied a 5 mm layer of silicone sealant. It has two purposes: to conceal irregularities in the support and to protec from scratches the plastic housing of the sander. For the silicone be smooth, I covered it with polyethylene strips that will be removed when dry. With a needle I made many little holes in the polyethylene, to allow drying
Step 5: C�mo Se Guarda (how to Store It)
The contraption, deployed for hanging on the wall, seems a pig ready for the grill ...