"do you want to buy the extended insurance..blah blah blah.. for £20?"________________no i wont drop it.
" if it breaks we will replace blah blah blah"________________________ what about my information, I will fix it.
"antivirus.. blah blah blah.. for £20?"________________android antivirus are you serious,i have a real computer
Step 1: Supplies
wire cutter/ stripper
iron and solder
sharp and knife file
multimeter and sticky tape
heatshrink and lighter
Step 2: Open the Case
- remove your sd card.
- starting at a corner away from buttons i slid a flat screwdriver around the edge at about 45 degrees , only allowing a few mm of the blade in at a time, hearing the clips pop as i went round.
- when opening there will be a wire going to the speaker.
- and the volume and power button will fall out.
Step 3: Your In!
, there was sticky tape holding stuff in place.
and remove the two screws.
so you can get to the where the power socket is soldered on.
Step 4: Flip the Board
Step 5: Solder on a Couple of Wired
locate the power jack
solder wires on there, put some solder on the contact , then put your wire on the solder and heat and as soon as it sticks remove, im sure its easy to damage stuff in here.
Step 6: Route the Wire
make sure the circuit board returns flat into its placement.
i put the wire next to the battery, (silver packet) , as to avoid the speaker,
tape the wire down.
Step 7: Attach a Power Socket,
i wrapped it in electrical tape and heat shrink.
was originally going to use 9v battery snap for connector ,but these are easy to apply backward voltage into(butter fingers)
Step 8: Wire Exit Hole
the new location is much more convienent when using after market case.
Step 9: Remove the Original Plug
you can test with multimeter of briefly connecting to tablet to see if it works (not advised really)
i found the wire to be too short for me so i extended it from 1.2m to 3m
Step 10: Twisty Wire Test Then Connect
Step 11: Make It Sound Better?
AT THIS POINT YOU COULD JUST REATTACH THE RIBBONS AND SCREWS THEN SNAP THE THING SHUT AND YOUR FINISHED.
- i decided to make the hole which the sound comes out bigger,
- also on my case i removed the muffling fluffy stuff opposite the speaker, i made a route for the sound so it comes out by the side of the tablet