Tailored Touch is a way to make any input device from touch sensitive pads, which can be fitted to any person.
It is great for people with shaky movements and poor motor control, such as those with cerebral palsy.
This instructable describes how to make the mouse, but we have also made a midi keyboard from the same materials, which we will also post soon.
Step 1: Get the ingredient parts
First you will need to gather the following items:
Starting top right, and going clockwise, finally spiralling into the centre
1. 0.1" (2.54mm) Crimp Connector Housing: 2 Pin - we need 6 of these. Can use a different size, as long as you have enough for 12 pins total.
2. Male Crimp Pins for 0.1" Housings - again 12 total
3. Multi-core wire
4. Small washers - you guessed it, 12 total
5. USB to USB Micro cable
6. Breadboard. This size or bigger is great
7. Header pins - 3 sets of 12 pins, and 1 set of 6 pins
8. MPR121 chip on a breakout board, again by sparkfun
9. 3.3v Pro Micro - a mini Arduino board made by SparkFun
10. 5x jumper wires - different colours preferred, or single core wire can also be used.