Getting an Australian shepherd dog as a pet is quite exciting. Due to affectionate
temperament, Aussies become a part of our family. Bringing an Aussie dog to the family is not difficult, but taking its proper care is quite challenging. The first few weeks are spent on helping the pet acclimatize to the new surroundings. Its training also begins on the very first day so the Aussie understands house rules perfectly. If you own an Aussie for the very first time, it may turn out to be an interesting experience for both of you.
Australian shepherds are considered as devoted canine companions. They never judge you and accept you in the way you are, despite your faults, bad moods and eccentricities. The Aussie will go out of the way to cheer you or bring comfort in your life. He will always stay by your side and ensures that you do not feel lonely. You also need to reciprocate these feelings and rest assured your pets will pets will wait patiently for your love and undivided attention. Here are 8 tips that help you to do effective care of your lovely pet:
1. When you bring a dog as a pet, you are actually adding a member in your family and just like you take care of other family members, you need to take care of your pets as well. You need to take care of the diet and nutrition of your pet and ensure that it is healthy and nutritious, thereby ensuring their proper growth and development.
2. You need to have the proper supplies and equipment, like dog carrier, leash, ID Collar, high quality food, play toys and much more.
3. You need to take them on a regular visit to the veterinarian for a regular check-up. Proper vaccinations must be carried out to protect and safeguard your dog against many diseases.
4. You need to ensure proper grooming of your dogs. Regular bath, shampooing and nail trimming, etc., help to keep your dog clean and flea free.
5. You need to pay attention to the behavior of dogs. These animals are social pack animals; hence need some interaction with other animals or human beings.
6. Taking them to parks, gardens, dog clubs, etc., help them to shed away their inhibitions and interactions with other animals. This will help them to become socially stable.
7. One of the most common external parasite that can plague pets are Fleas. They can lead to hair loss, irritated skin, hot spots, and infection in your pets. You should take proper measures to prevent your pet from fleas.
8. Never overfeed your Aussie pet because overfeeding leads to obesity. Obesity is the root cause of many incurable severe diseases.