Introduction: Talking Turkey: Bacon-wrapped Roasted Turkey
This is the last part of our Talking Turkey series:
• 1 turkey, around 13 lbs.
• 2 cups of softened butter
• 1 ½ ounces of fresh sage leaves
• 1 lb. of bacon
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees °Fahrenheit. While waiting, rinse the turkey in cold water and then pat dry it with paper towel.
2. Combine the chopped garlic and onion and stuff this into the turkey. When done, tie the wings, legs, and drumsticks of the turkey with a twine.
3. Next, chop the sage leaves and then combine it with the softened butter. Once completely incorporated, rub the mixture on the turkey’s skin. You can also sprinkle salt and pepper over the turkey to adjust the taste.
4. Begin wrapping the turkey with the slices of bacon.
5. Put the turkey in the center of a roasting pan and use aluminum foil to tent it. On the last hour of cooking, you can remove the foil. You’ll know the turkey is cooked when it reaches 160 degrees °Fahrenheit.
6. Take out the turkey from the oven and allow it to rest for 20-30 minutes.
With these three brilliant recipes, your Thanksgiving dinner can never go wrong. If you have your own recipes or tricks to share, don’t hesitate to write a comment below. Happy Thanksgiving!
Image source: Food.com
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.