This was an educational adventure as well. He learned how to work with metal, create from instructions and expand his comfort zone with some adventure.
Step 1: The Parts
- 2 frames (note: we actually used 3 frames, but that was because I did not have a fork for the top frame and had to improvise.
- 2 wheels
- 2 cranks, 1 modified
- 2 forks, 1 cut down to just the bearings and stub out bottom
- 1 stem
- 1 seat and seat post
- 1 piece of scrap angle iron
- 1 piece of scrap pipe
- 2+ bike chains. We pieced together 2 full ones and a partial.
- Some scrap 2x4's were used to hold it together while welding.