I made these with pork chirizo this time, but I think I will try a vegetarian variation, or do a playful spin on the chile rellanos and see how that goes! Have fun, and experiment with different fillings! The masa feels like Play-dough in your hands, so it's really easy to mold. A great little project to do with the kids; they'll love molding the masa!
- 4 cups of prepared masa (may use masa flour, and prepare as directed on package)
- 1/2 pound of pork chirizo (or, beef)
- 1 cup of Mexican crema (may substitute Philadelphia cooking cream)
- 1 cup of Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- You favorite salsa verde, or green chili for dipping
Cast Iron Cornbread Wedge Skillet