Introduction: Tandoori Chicken in Microwave (Tandoori Murghi) Indian Grilled/ Roasted Chicken in Microwave
Tandoori chicken is one of the immensely popular Indian non veg starters because of its’ blazing hot appearance and classic taste.
Basically the chicken is marinated with yogurt and special tandoori spices, then grill/ roast in the tandoor. This is how the dhaba made. It got the name “Tandoori Chicken” because of tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. However, since we don’t have tandoor in our kitchen, we can make it in microwave easily. All you need to do is – get the ingredients from store and marinade the chicken in advance because it needs 8 hours to marinade. Then cook in the microwave by following instructions and video. If you like the recipe, please share, subscribe ad rate it below. Thank you - See more at: http://sharmilazkitchen.com/recipe-items/tandoori-chicken
Step 1: Ingredients
- large chicken approx 1 kilo, cut into 7-8 pieces
- Curd: 200gm
- Kashmiri red chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder: 1tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi or Dry fenugreek leaves: 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- pepper: 1 tbsp
- Mustard oil: 3 tbsp
- Butter for basting
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp
- Red food color: 1/4 tsp (optional)
- See more at: http://sharmilazkitchen.com/recipe-items/tandoori...
Step 2: Instructions
- Marination method: Prepare the chicken by trimming all visible excess fat and make sure the chicken is pat dry.
- .Using a fork, prick all over the flesh of the chicken. Then using a sharp knife, cut slashes where flesh is thicker. It will help the marination to penetrate.
- Now in a small bowl, make a mixture of 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp kashmiri red chili powder and 1 1/2 tsp salt and rub the mixture over the chicken wherever the cuts are there. Keep aside for half an hour.
- Now prepare the hung curd which we'll be using for 2nd marination. Hung curd is nothing but a well drained curd. Take a bowl. Put the curd in a strainer and keep it on that bowl. Let the excess liquid to drain out. Keep it aside for 15-20 minutes. You can use Greek Yogurt which is available in the leading departmental store.
- After 30 minutes, Transfer the hung curd in a large bowl. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, remaining red chili powder, garam masala powder, ginger-garlic paste, remaining lemon juice, pepper powder, kasouri methi and red food color. Mix them well.
- Apply the mixture over the chicken. Marinate for overnight in refrigerator or minimum of 4 hours for best results. Do not marinade for longer than 2 days. You should remove the chicken from the refrigerator before 30 minutes of cooking
- After 8 hours, apply 3 tbsp mustard oil and mix. It gives a nice coating and that way the marination holds the chicken well. You can also use any veg oil. but this mustard oil adds a nice authentic Punjabi flavor.
- Place the chicken on the grill rack and put a microwave proof bowl or tray under it to catch dripping.
- Cook on combination-2 mode for 10 minutes.
- Flip the pieces after 5 minutes through cooking time.
- Once done baste the chicken with butter.
- Then grill for 20 minutes, re-positioning the pieces after every 6-7 minutes. You also need to baste the chicken 2-3 times for even coloring.
- Tandoori chicken is ready.14.Sprinkle little chaat masala powder over it and serve with green chutney, salad and lemon wedges.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.