Since then it has been like a hobby in doing Tassels for my Sarees ,Shawls,Table clothes,and bedspreads.
Pulling threads on big materials is a bit tricky as the threads tend to get knotted and break..If you manage to pull the first couple of lines with out the threads breaking or getting knotted ,then you won't have a problem in the rest of the materials.
With a help of a top pin or an unpicker you can do it easily.
This is a single knot Tassel Table cloth which my sister and I did it while watching a film.Before the film could end ,we finished the tassels.The size of the Table cloth is 45X18 inches.The tassels height is 5 inches.
I had two pieces of materials,and both the materials were not enough on lengthwise,so I decided to join a piece on both ends.
Look !! The joints does not show!!
Thick Cotton Material
Marking chalk (in case you need)
Matching thread (not included)
Machine (not included)
2. I cut 2 pieces of materials to join for both ends.
3. Pin the two pieces on to both ends.
2. Open out and iron the seam.
3. Here is the joint, and the threads will be removed on the joint material.
Step 4: Removing the threads
5. With an unpicker start removing the threads.The rest of the pictures shows the threads being removed.