There are a million potato salad recipes on the web but none of them use tater tots.
I chose one of the simplest and healthiest recipes and substituted in the tots.
Enjoy and please be honest about likes, dislikes and suggestions for improvement!
Step 1: Ingredients
1/2 cup mayonnaise (olive oil based)
1 tablespoon parsley
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of half a lemon
Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
Step 2: Cook the Tater Tots
2. Open up the bag of tater tots and lay them about 1/2 inch apart from each other on a flat cookie sheet. You can grease the sheet if you want to prevent them from sticking after they are cooked.
3. Bake for 22 minutes. The instructions are very specific about not overcooking them.
4. After they are done remove from oven and let cool on stove for about 15 minutes.
Step 3: Mix the Ingredients
2. Chop up about a tablespoon of parsley and mix into mayonnaise.
3. Grate half the lemon skin into the mixture.
4. Cut the lemon in half, and after cleaning out the seeds squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture.
5. Mix the ingredients till the juice is absorbed.
Step 4: Fold in the Tater Tots
2. Fold in the rest and mix very slowly.
3. At this point you can add salt and pepper to taste but keep in mind this particular brand is already seasoned.
4. Transfer mix into a nice clean smaller bowl and refrigerate about an hour or so before serving!
NOTE: On my first attempt the lemon juice overwhelmed the flavor so you might want to start with a smaller amount of juice.