Tau-nados are 2pi(e) twisters of deliciousness!!! These little babies seem to appear out of no-where and leave mouths watering in their wake! WARNING, they are dangerously addictive and hazardous to your health, so LOOK OUT!!!
2 pie fillings that you think would taste good together (mine was raspberry & peach)
Pie crust (purchased, or homemade)
Cinnamon sugar (I mix about 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon)
A deep skillet, or Fryer
Enough oil to fry them in.
That's right they are FRIED! I warned you they were hazardous to your health!
OPTIONAL: You can also bake them as directed for your crust but the filling tends to bubble out a little when they are baked.
1. Roll out the pie crust.
2. Spoon one of the fillings near the edge of the crust in a horizontal line.
3. Roll the crust up starting at the end nearest the filling & stopping when the end is overlapped by about 1/4"
4. Cut remaining crust away from the rolled portion.
5. Repeat this process with the second flavor of pie filling.
6. With the overlapped portion facing down gently braid the 2 pie filled tubes together & pinch the ends closed.
7 Heat your oil to 375*
8. With the overlapped sides down, gently drop your Tau-nado into the hot oil to fry & cook it until golden brown. (gentle roll it over occasionally with a couple slotted spoons to ensure even cooking)
9. Carefully remove it from the grease. ( I used 2 slotted spoons to gently lift mine from the oil)
10. Sprinkle it generously with your cinnamon sugar & let it cool.
With the THUNDERING of foot steps headed your way they will disappear in a FLASH!